Technology service providers and managed service providers have high-value staff and it is crucial that you manage employee time off effectively. The time off tracking needs in this industry are fairly unique. Your employees work outside of the office a great deal. It’s difficult to stay up to date with which employees are on the schedule and are available to be sent out on calls. For our managed service providers (MSPs), there are some intricacies in scheduling that are unique to the industry.
You may have staff members who specialize in specific aspects of your service. For instance, you likely have a few staff members who specialize in cybersecurity. In comparison, other staff members might work more closely with setting up hardware, software, or working with networks. Then you may have programmers who work on a contract basis with clients to augment their staff or work on special projects.
Your IT services might encompass several specialties, which makes your time off management even more integral. It’s not just important to have the right number of staff members present, you need the staff members with the right experience for that client.
Time Off Cloud | Your IT Services PTO Tracking Solution
At Time Off Cloud, we bring you an all-in-one intuitive interface that makes the process simpler for the complex world of MSPs and IT service providers. We realize how unique your industry is and the many obstacles you face in tracking your staff. Your personnel may work in the office, in a client’s office, in the field, or remotely. You might have a permanent hybrid model to contend with, which makes attendance tracking even more complex.
Some technicians may work with several clients in a day while others work for a long-term period at a specific location. And you may have a variety of specialties represented among your staff. This makes your need to stay organized even more important.
You can’t, for instance, give all of your staff that specializes in cybersecurity and breach mitigation the same days off. What would happen if your largest client had an emergency? You’d likely call in your cybersecurity experts. But that level of the always-on workflow can put too much pressure on your staff.
For IT service providers, it’s important to make sure that your employees take the time off they need to maintain a good work/life balance. There are currently fewer professionals in the field than needed. For your business, that makes it even more integral to build an excellent company culture. High-quality technicians are a valuable asset.
You need PTO management software that empowers your staff. They have the ability to manage their own PTO requests. They can track their schedules through their phones or by logging into the website. At the same time, your administrator or HR manager has full access to robust reporting and a complete view of the staff at any point.
You eliminate the data sheets and other tracking applications for an all-in-one solution with intuitive workflows that organize your staff scheduling for the day, month, or even the year.
Manage Technology Service Providers Time Off
Time Off Cloud gives your company the ability to streamline all the workflows used in your internal scheduling processes. Your managers and administrator can see when employees will be unavailable and actively manage the process. It empowers leadership to meet client needs and the needs of their team.
Your company gets a fully organized approach that benefits your management and empowers your staff.
Some benefits include:
- Managed Employee Leave Policies. With Time Off Cloud, you can put a comprehensive employee leave policy in place. This helps staff keep up with their accrued PTO and gives them a quick reference. They always know how many days they can request and the number they’ve used. Make it simple for your staff to plan their personal lives around their professional lives so they can have the best of both worlds.
- PTO Request Workflow. This is a jewel of the Time Off Cloud solution. Your employees can easily request their PTO through a mobile app or website. The process is completely user-friendly and gives administrators all the information they need. Once approved, the PTO is scheduled so that you never have to worry about disorganization.
- Eliminate Data Entry Errors. Paper forms and multiple spreadsheets or calendars lead to a great deal of missing information. With the Time Off Cloud system in place, there’s no worry over data entry errors or missing information.
- Improve Annual Reviews. Year-end and annual reviews are simplified because you have access to all employee attendance records and PTO at a glance.
- Real-Time Overview of Staff. Never again will you lose track of which employees are in the office or out for the day. If staff members work remotely or in the field, it can be confusing to keep track of manually.
Ready to Put Time Off Cloud to Work for Your Company?
Are you ready to see what Time Off Cloud can do for your IT Service Company? Request a free demo today!
We’ll walk you through the process to see if Time Off Cloud might be the right solution for your staff needs.